This Privacy Notice is designed to inform you about the personal data relating to you which Etex Building Performance Ltd, with registered office at Gordano House, Marsh Lane, Easton in Gordano, Bristol, BS20 0NE and registered in England and Wales under number 02163844, (acting as data controller and hereinafter referred as “We”, “Our” and “Us”) collects via the website Etex Building Performance (www.etex-bp.co.uk, www.siniat.co.uk, www.promat-direct.co.uk, or www.promat.co.uk ). (referred to hereinafter as the “Website”), why we collect and process such personal data, on which legal basis, and how we will handle personal data you provide us with and personal data we learn about you from your visit to the Website. Your use of the Website implies your acknowledgment of this Privacy Notice.
We process your personal data on the basis of your specific consent or on the basis of a legitimate interest which we believe you would be interested in following your previous delivery of our goods and services.
Whenever the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of such processing before the withdrawal of consent.
Personal data collected
We collect personal data relating to you (referred to hereinafter as “Personal Data”) in two ways:
- through registration and sending of information that you choose to enter on certain pages of the Website. The information marked with the “*” symbol must be provided, to enable Us to fulfil the processing purposes, as mentioned below. Such Personal Data directly collected from you include your first and last name, personal or professional address, personal or professional email address, personal or professional mobile or other phone number, activity, position, title, message, or other personal information or contact information you provide Us with. We may also ask for your comments, suggestions, or other information relating to the Website, Our products or services, or Our company. Other specific types of information may be requested in connection with, other promotional offers or other marketing activities, including uploading text, video or audio content.
- through cookies. For more information about cookies, please see below.
Use of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will exclusively be used to the extent necessary to allow Us:
- To respond to your direct request, as described at the time when We collect your Personal Data or as otherwise described to you prior to the use of your Personal Data For example
- Enquire for further information;
- Distribute requested reference materials;
- Provide you with services that you request; and
- To manage your use of the Website, including to the extent applicable, your participation to promotional offers or other marketing and
- to send you mailings or other marketing information about a selection of Our brands, affiliates and/or partners with whom We are conducting joint promotions or programs in which you may be interested through email/mail/text messaging (provided you have given Us, Our affiliates and/or partners the explicit prior consent to do so, where required under applicable law)
- Make this website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes (e.g. to register for certain areas of the site);
- Where you have given us your consent, to contact you (including by SMS and email) with products and services which we think may interest you.
We may combine the Personal Data you submit with other personal data we have obtained about you for the same purposes from other sources, including if you have provided your information to Us in other places or through another medium (such as social media platforms). These sources include:
- Events and Exhibitions
- Purchased mailing lists from reputable market research companies
We may not use your Personal Data for new purposes which are as yet unforeseen in this Privacy Notice except on the basis of an applicable statutory permission. In any event, prior to using Personal Data for other purposes, We will inform you about such change to this Privacy Notice. In case of consent-based activities, We will not process your Personal Data for such new purposes without first obtaining your consent.
Special category of personal data
We will not collect or process any special category of personal data relating to you. The special categories of Personal Data include data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, health, sex life or sexual orientation.
We will not use your Personal Data for electronic direct marketing purposes without your explicit prior consent, except where authorised under applicable law.
If at any time you decide not to receive any commercial or promotional information from Us, You may, free of charge and without having to provide any justification, opt-out of any direct marketing campaigns and oppose to the future processing of your Personal Data for such purposes by sending Us an email at email@example.com and mention “opt-out” in the subject of your email. Alternatively, you may use the opt-out procedure provided in any promotional message you receive from Us.
Please note that opting out from receiving promotional messages from Us will not prevent you from receiving information that relates to any contract you may have entered into with Us.
From time to time we will conduct surveys to establish information to assist us in gaining your direct thoughts and opinions on our products, systems (Facebook, Linked In, Websites etc) and services.
Each Survey will invite you to participate; this will be classed asking for your consent to participate; your information gathered at the time of the survey will be only used for that purpose of the survey and will not assume consent for any other purpose. Where fulfilment companies are used for the specific survey these will be specified in the Survey’s purpose statement.
Details of the purpose and scope of the Survey will be made clear for each Survey we may ask you to participate in, this will provide you with the details for you to clearly decide if you want to consent to participate in the Survey.
Personal data collected during the survey will be deleted upon the completion of the survey analysis and will not be stored or used for any other purpose. Each Survey will request your consent each time you participate.
Participation in our surveys will not impact or influence any future buying or mailing preferences in the future and unless otherwise stated your participation will be anonymous.
We will not make use of automated decision-making processes, including profiling, except where authorised under applicable law. In such case we would inform you about the logic involved in the decision, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
Sharing Personal Data and transferring Personal Data to third parties
We will not make your Personal Data available to any third party and shall not publicly disclose the Personal Data unless such transfers are based on your specific consent, necessary for the performance of a contract entered into between you and Us, or when such transfer of Personal Data is otherwise authorised or compulsory by law or by order of an administration or judicial authority.
We transfer your Personal Data to the following recipients:
- ESM Branding for postal methods of communication.
- Camargue PR for public relations
Please note that whenever your Personal Data are transferred to processors or third parties located outside the European Economic Area in countries which are not considered by the European Commission to guarantee an adequate level of personal data protection, We will ensure that appropriate measures are implemented according to the applicable national and European legislation relating to data protection. You may obtain a copy of the appropriate safeguards taken or information as to where they have been made available by sending Us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or other device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
General information about the cookies used